- Know yourself - the First Amendment of every autonomous person.
- The ultimate power is the ability to say "no."
- You want to be known for signal, not noise.
- Do not confuse the loudest voice for the majority voice.
- All prescriptions create their own traps - what you want is freedom from desire.
- Many brilliant people identify with an “ism” in their early years - and never escape ideology.
- What you should not do is often clearer than what you should do.
- 90% of people root for the same sports teams as their parents; about the same register with their political party.
- Admirable people preach what they practice.
- To win, don’t look for the best conceivable outcome, just the best possible one.
- Accept difficult truths early in life.
- Steel man your opponent’s arguments; get to know your idea adversaries.
- When you win one game, play a different one.
- Enjoy being wrong; you may not have understood before, because you weren't prepared, wise, or informed.
- The best thinkers are clear thinkers.
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox