- "The sailor cannot see the north / but knows the needle can."
- "If you cannot decide, the answer is no."
- "Is there another way? Resist 'two choices' tendency."
- "Choose the path that leaves you more equanimous in the long term."
- "If you have two equally difficult paths, choose the one more painful in the short term."
- "All of life is a wager."
- "Does this choice enlarge me or diminish me?"
- "There are no solutions. There are only tradeoffs."
- "Whatever health and wholeness is, it surely involves aligning our outer choices with our inner reality. When the path we are on is right for our souls, the energy is there. When what we are doing is wrong for us, we can temporarily mobilize energy in service to goals, and often we must, but in time such forced mobilization leads to irritability, anger, burnout, and symptoms of all kinds. When what we are doing is right for us, the feeling function supports us. That is, our autonomous feeling system supports rather than opposes our choices. The support of this autonomous evaluative process confirms the rightness of our choices, even when those around us do not endorse them. When we are doing what is right for us, we will feel a sense of purpose, meaning, and satisfaction, and that communicates itself to others also."
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox