- "Individuals search for truth, groups search for consensus."
- "It’s easier to macro-bullshit than micro-bullshit."
- "I realized something surprisingly profound: Everybody’s ideas seem obvious to them. I’ll bet even John Coltrane or Richard Feynman felt that everything they were playing or saying was pretty obvious. So maybe what’s obvious to me is amazing to someone else."
- "How much you truly 'believe' in something can be manifested only through what you are willing to risk for it."
- "Everything that is not forbidden by laws of nature is achievable, given the right knowledge."
- "There's a deep connection between explaining the world and controlling it."
- “Cherish those who seek the truth, but beware of those who find it.”
- “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.”
- "Truth has predictive power."
- "Think of radical honesty like nudity: use when appropriate and prudent."
- "Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts."
- "A contrarian isn't someone who always objects - that's a conformist of another sort. A contrarian reasons independently, from the ground up, and resists pressure to conform."
- "Rationality is avoidance of systemic ruin."
- "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
- "It's almost always possible to be honest and positive."
- "The truest way to decline is just to say, 'it doesn’t feel right to me.' No explanation is necessary."
- "Mimicking the herd invites regression to the mean."
- "What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?"
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox