Rather than asking what will make me happy, ask what is certain to make me miserable?
I have some ideas.
- Sleeping less than 8.5 hours / night
- Filling my day with meaningless appointments
- Being dishonest with myself
- Having fewer than four or five face-to-face social engagements / week with people who are close to me
- Lack of time for exercise
- Lack of time for learning and reading and reflecting
- Lack of resources to leave town when I'm restless
- Associating with untrustworthy, shallow, resentful, or angry people
- Losing the money I've earned due to overconfidence or panic
- Not honoring my inner voice